Sunday, October 21, 2007

what a week...



Last week was a very sad week for me, big time to reflect on things.

The first thing. My old friend,Gina, since like 13 yrs old, her cousin,Chris, passed away of cancer. He was only 50 yrs old. Gina used to live with Chris and his wife Connie when we were teenagers. I also lived with Chris and Connie as I was there all the time anyways. We had so much fun and lots of great memories with them. Chris was a great guy and even though I didn't see him throughout the years, he will be missed. I worry about Connie, his wife, who has MS. She was really struggling. It felt so good to see Gina and her sister and think of all the memories we all have together. Some good, mostly what the hell were we thinking moments, but it was nice and we need to get together more. I was watching the news after Gina told me and see his memorial as he was building supervisor for channel 5. It was awesome everything they did. He touched many lives.

On my way home from the viewing, after bawling, I come home. One of my best friends/neighbor, Tara, moved. I totally was in denial about it. I drive by her house and no lights, no big SUVs, no boat, no apparatus mowing the lawn, darkness. I sit in my driveway and continue my bawlfest and whimper and heave and just bawl. I have only driven by their house once since they've moved since. they just moved 10 minutes away but it's not the same. We have been here for 4 years together and it is just comforting to me to know that we were in the same place. Their son Dillon, was also Jarred best buddy and we are grieving together. almost a year ago, Our buddy, Debra moved to Austin.
So, Life goes on, we will get through this...each day is a new day, and I am really tired............. i probably didnt make sense...
Tara, we will miss you.....

1 comment:

! Nick ! said...

I am sorry for her loss. He is in a much better place with God!